Monday, April 5, 2010

Why Vintage Miss Julie?



Most people have no idea where the name for my jewelry line, Vintage Miss Julie comes from, so I decided to write about it in my blog. It comes from a line in my favorite movie, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. After Wesley Snipes (Noxeema Jackson) and Patrick Swayze (Vita Boam) are both crowned “drag queen of the year,” they decide to take John Leguizamo (Chichi Rodriguez) with them to a nearby restaurant to discuss plans for Hollywood. During this scene Patrick Swayze’s character has a cathartic experience when discovering a picture of Julie Newmar on the nearby wall. She quickly snatches it and proclaims, “Look at her, vintage Miss Julie. Try to describe her and not use the word statuesque.”
I love this movie for so many reasons, but this line has always stood out to me because I love Julie Newmar and anything vintage. This movie epitomizes everything I love about fashion. Its overall message is about helping women find their inner beauty and the confidence necessary to have great style.”
I recently deleted my style blog to focus on this one because I think style and jewelry go hand and hand. Jewelry is as much a part of fashion as shoes or handbags, so I thought, why not talk about them all under one roof? I have so many ideas, and important things to discuss in fashion. So, please stay tuned…
whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment